11 April 2006

How Many - Deja Vu?

I thought I would get ahead of the game. Everybody tells me that the Avian Flu pandemic is a matter of when and not if. Some time ago those that carve the stone tablets sent me a sample "Flu Pandemic Information Pack" containing a range of publications. Some were aimed at clinicians, some for patients, and there were nice big posters inviting patients to "ask for further information". Well, thinks I, since I have 14,000 patients and a "churn" of 20% in our transient community, I'd better ask for 5,000 of the patient stuff and enough of the clinical stuff for our fifteen health care professionals (a new Labour phrase that always leaves me wondering who are the health care amateurs?).

On to the NHS order line.

I want 5,000 of these please.
maximum order is 1,000.

I want 15 of these please.
maximum order is 2.

I want some of these and some of these
both out of stock. contact us at a later date.

The "how to communicate effectively about the pandemic " recommendation is to "let the patients know early". Someone, somewhere is Healthquarters is sitting back thinking that they have got the information flowing. I think the word trickle might suit?

No comments: